Monday, September 2, 2013

I want one of those things that Lando's assistant wore on his head.

How about some pictures of the Solomon Islands!?!?!?

Great.


This is how we got off the ship. Believe me... It's super safe! I don't mean that. It's not safe at all 


Taking a small boat away from the ship. It was pretty awesome. 


'Merica.


Don't mess with me! 


The port. 


This thing is 6' tall. Pretty awesome.


Getting giant pallets of the boat with a small crane attached to a truck. Safety first! 


Our "workspace." Essentially a pavilion at the soccer stadium.


This is where we slept. This is after we cleaned it up. It was a brand new house, in the process of being built. But then a government worker embezzled money to buy cars or something. So then they couldn't finish this house. So we slept in it. 


That's the main art piece in the house.




This is the window that doubles as the door. Seriously. 


More art!


The shower.


The shitter. But it was a "yellow mellow - brown down" type of thing. 


The best MRE! 


Fish'n'chips


This soda is like crack! So good. 


Terrible tasting booze! 


The bar with my boy. 


 Sure I won't die from these. 


The market place. It smelled awful. 


That's the fire truck. The one fire truck. 


The gate where I spent a lot of my time.


My favorite day of the Solomons.





-------

A few more pictures of life on the ship:


Such a zest for life. We were so bored.


This is where three grown men sleep. The bar at the top of the picture, that runs on the outside of the top bunk, with the red curtains on it? That's how I got in and out of Ed. Like a pull-up/shimmy thing. It's only about 6'5" total.


A bunch of dudes all brush/wash/shave here.


This is the shower. Probably about 3x3. Seriously small.

There you have it, kids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment