Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A long time ago...

May 25
Over the last few days, we have been real tourists. We have gone out and about, looking at a few sights. Mainly, we have been eating, drinking, and going to the beach. I know, right now the army sounds awesome. Meh. 

On Thursday we went to the Pearl Harbor memorial and it was really humbling. It was a very cool experience to see where the attack happened. There was an anti aircraft gun that was used on the ship during the attack that was on display. It was really cool. That old thing probably brought down a plane or two. 

After that we did laundry and the laundromat, and drank beers out of the back of the rental van. After that we went to a seafood place to get some grub. And drink beers. 

Today we ship out to sea. I don't know what it will be like, but I have all my motion sickness medicine ready to go. I'll be needing that, I'm sure. 

****** it is now 8:13pm, local time.

We left Pearl Harbor at approximately 10:30am. It was pretty amazing to see the whole ship lined with Sailors and Marines interior dress uniforms. There were also a few Soldiers and Canadians who went out to do the ceremony. I guess as a ship leaves the dock, the crew get on their dress uniforms and they all line up around the perimeter of the ship's deck. 

Leaving Hawaii was pretty wild as far as seeing it disappear slowly from sight. Another wild sight is when you see look in all directions and see nothing but water. Absolutely no land at all. It is a pretty wild sight. 

I didn't get sick today, which I am VERY grateful for. 

I've showered, and am in my rack. There are a few guys in my room who get up at 5, and they make a lot of noise. It's pretty irritating, but I don't want to say anything because this is their ship. I'm just a guest on the ship, and as a guest I don't want to be a dick. 

I worked out today down in the ship's gym. Pictures to follow.

Bar curls
DB press
Dips
Overhead squats
  
Conditioning- 

Ohs
Push ups
Pull ups

AMRAP for 5 minutes

I did three rounds.

Food- 

I ate eggs with vegetables and ham. I used A-1 sauce.
i ate sloppy joes, no bun, salad with vinaigrette, cheese, and salami. I also put vegetables on it. Fruit.
I had pizza (there was the leftover sloppy joe meat on it), which I scraped off just the toppings, and ate them while leaving the grain/bread part of the bread on the plate. I ate just the meatballs from the spaghetti and meatballs. Fruit and milk. 

I'm the hell out. 

Sunday, May 26th-

I am up at 5:50am today, because the guys that normally wake me up with their noise must have slept in today . Sundays are pretty relaxed on the ship, from what I gather. The food service folks just had microwaveable food out, along with hard boiled eggs and fruit. So today I went with hard boiled eggs, fruit, the egg/bacon filling of the breakfast burrito, and milk. I got a yogurt, but it was full of HFCS, and I'm not about to put that in this body, not for mediocre tasting yogurt. 

They do what they call brunch on the ship. It wasn't too bad, it was breakfast foods and lunch foods.

We finally met the force protection officer for the Navy today. He didn't know that the MPs were even on the mission until yesterday. This is a pretty good example of the right hand not talking to the left hand. But the good news is that we will be getting off the ship whenever we go into port. So I will get to go see some cool things in the different islands. 

I'm about to post this on Memorial Day because I'm able to have a little wifi because the Air Force is set up.And you know that's pimp. 

I hope you all are remembering the men and women who have given so much for our nation. 

Today we do the Murph Hero Wod. On the ship! 



USSMissouri



My new Aussie friend


Why can't my patch have a kangaroo? 


There is no land for days. Fun! 

Okay.  I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment