Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Luke kissed his sister!

*note- I don't have time to proofread perfectly, because I barely get any Internet time. So, I'll fix it later, suckers. 

I was able to talk to the mrs today on a satellite phone that these Air Force guys have. I always say I should've joined the Air Force. I mean it every time I say it. Then I mean it when I only think it. Damn Air Force. I'm so jealous! That was a little side note, because I was glad to talk to Mrs. Brown. After we hung up, she went to the tavern with her mom and his boyfriend. Jealous. 

So we did the "Murph" hero wod today. There were four of us, two Army, an Air Force guy, and me. 
Because of the limited equipment- I did it with a rower. I hate treadmills. I'm not a damn hamster! I did it 42:39. I did not wear a vest this year. It was rough. It was also weird doing squats while the ship is moving back and forth. 

I've been listening to a lot of ambient music- like Tycho, Explosions in the Sky, Little People, etc. I've also been jamming The Gaslight Anthem's "handwritten." The best song on that album is "mullholand drive." I've also been blowing up Damien Jurado's "Maraqopa." I've also been listening to the new Eve 6 album a lot.

I'm still reading "The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fist Fight in Heaven." It was written by Sherman Alexie, and it is wonderful. I love that guy, he is such a great writer. If you're a fan of iron and wine, then you should read him. His stories are like iron and wine lyrics, except set in an Indian reservation. 

One line that stood out at me today- "When one person starts to look at another like a criminal, then the love is over. It's logical."

****it is currently Wednesday, May 29th. 

I woke up early and went up to the ship's pilot room, which is where the boat is driven. Within two minutes I was driving the boat. Driving a multi-million dollar Navy ship is not nearly as hard as I thought it was. I learned about the different speeds, and all sorts of radars. Then we went to the back of the ship, and helped keep watch for other ships or men overboard. It was very windy, which was nice, and we saw the sun rise. 

The good is still so/so. It is better than most Army mess halls, but it still leaves much to be desired. It is hard to eat paleo+dairy on this ship. I have managed well, as I haven't been eating grains. But the non grain/soy/flour choices are few and far between. A-1 and hot sauce help out a lot, too. However, eating w30 is pretty much impossible on any military instillation. However, at least there are no Taco Bells or Andy's to ruin my paleo-ness. 

I finished my Sherman Alexie book yesterday, and started "The Red Pony" by Steinbeck. It is really depressing so far. 



Post Murph! 


Mrs. B and I got the coordinates of Las Vegas tattooed on us. Cause we're in loooooooooooove.


I'm getting paid for this! 

I'm out like a Zach Morris cell phone! 

Take care, folks! 

1 comment: