Thursday, May 23, 2013

I wanna fly a tie fighter into your heart

Wednesday was a pretty wild day. I woke up, and had to get moving. But first- a workout:

10 DB press
10 cable crosses
5 gladiator push ups
10 pull ups

3 rounds


Then I went to the beach for a 6:20am swim.





After I drug myself away from the ocean, I went to the naval base. Then I went to the ship. 


Then I went to my bunk


Three grown men in each side. The top bunk is about eye level with me, and I'm 6'3". It is pretty cramped. It's like bunk beds in a state ran home for the mentally incompetent. I'll take a cot in the back of a Humvee.


I ate lunch at Taco Bell (we were in a hurry). They have Hawaiian pork on the menu. I obviously had to try that! It was awesome. 

As for work, I drove Soldiers from the airport to the ship all day. This was easy. Except the very last Soldier couldn't tell me where she was at in the airport because her phone died. I circled the airport for an hour. I was not happy about this, and we had to have a chat when I finally got to her. 

I went to the naval gym to try and get a quick Crossfit workout in. I had only been doing my power cleans and dead lifts for ten minutes, and the manager said I couldn't workout in my duty uniform. For some reason, I couldn't wear pants in the gym. Pretty stupid to me. 

After the work was done for the day, we went out to Waikiki. We ate cheeseburgers and drank many beers at Cheeseburger Waikiki. Then the girl who pissed me off earlier lost her ID, and couldn't get on the ship. By the time she found it, she was late. That was fun...

But I got into the rack, and got some sleep. Life is not too bad.

While driving around, I listened to The SteelDrivers loud. I also listened to Alkaline Trio and Fleetwood Mac.


No comments:

Post a Comment