Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It's a trap!


Forgive me friends, its been ten days since my last posting.

Well.... 

So our time in Tonga was coming to an end when the Navy, in their infinite wisdom, decided that they wanted two MPs to stay back. Stay back why, you are dying to know!? So that the group flying home from Tonga felt safe. Well... This turned out to be the best thing ever. It's another week in Tonga, being paid to vacation. I'm a pretty lucky guy, I'd say. Although Ben Kenobi doesn't believe in luck. 

So I'm still in Tonga. It is so beautiful. I can't get over it. 

Want a story or two? Sure! 

Last weekend I had to go back to the Naval ship on a water taxi. How does one board the ship from a taxi? Well, allow me to enlighten you. The taxi pulls up along the side of the ship. Then there is a stairwell attached to the ship. Then you basically wait until the water taxi and ship's platform are somewhat lined up, and you gracefully glide from one to the other. Or you fall and die. Those are the only two real options. It was insane. 

I'll try a video here, but I don't know if it'll work. It won't. I'll post a YouTube link someday. Or I'll forget. Whatever. 

I've been working out everyday to every other day. I did Fran RX two days ago. It was awful. Took me 13 minutes! I followed her up by some TTB and SDHPs. The day before I did bench press and back squats. I still can't squat much. First world problems. I've been running some sprints, too. I have to step up my workouts, because the HOA5 is coming in October. 

Also- in other news, my guy Scotty Turbo and I have committed to swim the Alcatraz Shark Race in 2014. Look for more info to come. I'll kick a shark. Or get eaten. Whatever! 

There has been a lot of different food being eaten. Last night I ate off the plates of a few guys at a Korean place. Very authentic. I am paying for it today. Yuck. 


There was the stuff. Not worth the bathroom issues currently being suffered.

Here's the weird thing about the Korean House- they brought out a box of tissues and sat them on our table. What!? 


More food pics? Why not!?


This is traditional Austrian goulash. It was freaking de-lic-ious!


Fish curry. Good!


Those are not eggs. They are a traditional  Austrian breakfast food, similar to pancakes. But you eat them with jam. Totally paleo, yeah? 


Fresh mahi mahi, caught only 20km from where I sat. Coconut lime sauce. Purple sweet potatoes. 


Freaking ice cream! So good.

I didn't eat these, but they're funny. 

Now- to move on to other pressing issues- pictures of paradise. 


We took a water taxi to this little island, and went snorkeling. Oh my god, was it amazing.


Sunken ship. The SS Tetanus, as Jen C. called it. It was fine. The rusty parts come off in your hand. But totally safe! 


Mike's damn head is in the way.


Big Mama's


Yeah.


Beautiful water.


I tagged the sign at Big Mama's.


Flags hanging. Notice the American and Stars and Bars flags.

This is a cave that has natural spring water inside, and you pay about $6 American to go inside. Once inside, you go swimming in fresh water. It is clear, all the way to the bottom, which I estimate to be 30-40 feet. It was the coolest thing, especially when the generator died and we had to walk back with the iPhone light. It was interesting.


Came here for a drink. I guess there are no child labor laws here.


The humanitarian folks were handing out ET toothbrushes... That were made in 1984. Probably still good, yeah? 


And then we went to this resort... Dangy, it sure is nice.




Loving life! 


Just beautiful.


The palace. Where the king lives. Obviously.


Inside an old church.


Reppin' the CFS at the Fisherman's Club on the wharf. 


Story time. The picture above shows all the rocks and coral at the break, and giant waves crashing into them. What's the logical move here? Exactly! Go sit on the rocks, and feel the waves. I did. 


And these waves.


And these waves.

The result:





I'm stupid.

Here are a few shots of the blowholes. It is amazing to see.


I didn't get in this time.



And last but not least- I toured the Tongan prison. I showed my ID, talked to the commissioner, and they took me inside the walls. Very interesting experience. It's no American prison. 

Here's the Tongan CO and me. 


Take care, kiddies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment